KinzIsland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFront PageLatest imagesGallerySearchThe KI TeamRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Speckles Info

Breaking Newz RSS Feed
Click to Subscribe to KI's Breaking Newz RSS Feed
Navigation
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Today’s Rares
Asian Accounts
Wed. 10/13
9am- Terra Cotta Chair 2900 Deluxe Only AND 3pm- Imperial Dining Table 6250
Thurs. 10/14
12pm- Bejeweled Coffee Table 32 Deluxe Only AND 1pm- Ancient Civ Wallpaper 1100
European Accounts
Wed. 10/13
Thurs. 10/14
American Accounts
Wed. 10/13
Thurs. 10/14
Latest topics
» Winterfest Is Coming!
Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:13 pm by helpingfriend

» Golen Suite Theme To Be Available at the eStore
Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 5:46 am by h4ck3r

» no!!! why why why
Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 7:55 pm by Guest

» Favorite Webkinz Recipe
Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:56 pm by GabyBailey

» February Pet Plush Images Revealed!
Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 1:06 am by Lettykinz

» How many Webkinz do you have?
Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 1:29 pm by SoccerQueen

» New Year's Contest!
Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 6:14 pm by colleenlove14

» Greetings!
Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:48 am by Curious

» 12 Days of Christmas with Ms. Birdy!
Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 4:23 am by webkinzfan

Views
free counters

Share | 

Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jerkinz
Jerkinz
Islander
Islander
Male Capricorn
WWID jercan27
Solved Ghoulosh and Nebulumyum
Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? ReporterRankBar
KinzIsland Reporter

Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? Vide
PostSubject: Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas?   Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 7:27 pm

Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? Christ10

Christmas is coming soon,
Parents are shopping
And prices are dropping,

For mom a new coat,
For John a toy boat.

But what about Jesus,
Have we forgotten?

We oh so often fret,
This or that,
What should we get?

But what about Jesus,
Have we forgotten?
Mass at nine,
We can miss it, it's fine.
But what about Jesus,

Have we forgotten?
Jesus came down from Heaven to Earth,
And gave up his life for all that it's worth.
So on Christmas morning when you awaken,

Remember this,
Jesus is the reason for the season.

-By Jerkinz

So what do you think? Do you think people have completely disregarded the fact that Christmas is the day Jesus came down form Heaven, so that he could save us from sin?
Back to top Go down
AlyandAJfan
AlyandAJfan
Graphix Admin
Graphix Admin
Female Gemini
WWID AlyandAJfan
KI Graphix Staff

PostSubject: Re: Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas?   Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 9:54 pm

WOW! You wrote that poem Jerkinz?! That's awesome! Very Happy As for your question about disregarding that fact of Jesus coming down from Heaven to save us, I know I always go to the church service on Christmas Eve with my family.....I am very heavily involved with my church! But I know what you mean! Some people do forget, and it isn't very good! But sometimes, that's just the way it is. Sad I think that we should be excited to give/receive gifts on Christmas morning and we should be excited about all the Christmas cheer, but I think it's still good to take time to think about the birth of Jesus Christ. That's just my opinion though! It really makes me think sometimes....How about everyone out there? What do you guys think???
Back to top Go down
Jerkinz
Jerkinz
Islander
Islander
Male Capricorn
WWID jercan27
KinzIsland Reporter

PostSubject: Re: Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas?   Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 12:55 am

AlyandAjfan wrote:
WOW! You wrote that poem Jerkinz?! That's awesome! Very Happy As for your question about disregarding that fact of Jesus coming down from Heaven to save us, I know I always go to the church service on Christmas Eve with my family.....I am very heavily involved with my church! But I know what you mean! Some people do forget, and it isn't very good! But sometimes, that's just the way it is. Sad I think that we should be excited to give/receive gifts on Christmas morning and we should be excited about all the Christmas cheer, but I think it's still good to take time to think about the birth of Jesus Christ. That's just my opinion though! It really makes me think sometimes....How about everyone out there? What do you guys think???

I know what you mean. Gifts are nice and all, but that shouldn't be our main idea for what Christmas is about. I to am deeply involved with our church part of Squires, I'm an altar server, go to Church every Sunday (and all Holy Days), etc. I think our main idea when we wake up on Christmas is how lucky we are that on this day ___ years ago, God gave us his only son to die for us to take away our sins.
Back to top Go down
KImember
KImember
Founder
Founder
Male Leo
WWID Cliftonveiws
Call Me Matt
KI Founder

Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? 38954771
GO CANADA!

PostSubject: Re: Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas?   Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:19 am

I too go to the church on Christmas eve, normaly with my extended family. That is an amazing poem and I encourage you to right more. Personally I like the careful thought and planning of thinking/making a gift better that receiving one. It is all worth your effort when you see there face when the open it.
Back to top Go down
Jerkinz
Jerkinz
Islander
Islander
Male Capricorn
WWID jercan27
KinzIsland Reporter

PostSubject: Re: Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas?   Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 5:53 pm

KImember wrote:
I too go to the church on Christmas eve, normaly with my extended family. That is an amazing poem and I encourage you to right more. Personally I like the careful thought and planning of thinking/making a gift better that receiving one. It is all worth your effort when you see there face when the open it.

Think so? Wow thank you.
Back to top Go down
Lettykinz
Lettykinz
Administrator
Administrator
Female Sagittarius
WWID Letty57
KinzIsland Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas?   Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:34 pm

Amazing poem J - I'm with KI - I would rather have something with thought than something that is expensive but was purchased with no thought other than crossing off a name from the list. Keep writing, you're good at it!
Back to top Go down
monkeybob
monkeybob
Islander
Islander
Male Sagittarius
WWID Chimvar

PostSubject: Re: Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas?   Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 11:17 pm

Great poem Jerkinz! I would think that many people would have forgot the main reason of Christmas. I don't go to church anymore, but I have this little bible with all these neat tales about when god first made the world and all of the heros that god helped. Also, my sister doesn't even know the real reason, she just thinks about Santa Claus. But, don't blame her, she is still really young.
Back to top Go down
AlyandAJfan
AlyandAJfan
Graphix Admin
Graphix Admin
Female Gemini
WWID AlyandAJfan
KI Graphix Staff

PostSubject: Re: Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas?   Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 4:11 pm

Oh wow! That must be interesting monkeybob! As for the topic, I also think that making/giving gifts for people is the best thing about Christmas, (well, besides God and Jesus!). I have been recently making gifts for all my friends, and I hope that they like them! Very Happy Oh! And Jerkinz, write more and share it! I REALLY love this poem you wrote! Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? 732852
Back to top Go down
lilkinzgrandma
lilkinzgrandma
Administrator
Administrator
Female Aries
WWID waldo08
KinzIsland Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas?   Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:38 pm

Wonderful poem, Jerkinz! I think that Christmas reminds us to think of others. It is a time to show others that you care about them. Whether you attend church or not, I believe this is what Christmas is about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas?   Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have we forgotten the true meaning of Christmas?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KinzIsland :: The Social Island :: Open Mike-
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com