KinzIsland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFront PageLatest imagesGallerySearchThe KI TeamRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Speckles Info

Breaking Newz RSS Feed
Click to Subscribe to KI's Breaking Newz RSS Feed
Navigation
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Today’s Rares
Asian Accounts
Wed. 10/13
9am- Terra Cotta Chair 2900 Deluxe Only AND 3pm- Imperial Dining Table 6250
Thurs. 10/14
12pm- Bejeweled Coffee Table 32 Deluxe Only AND 1pm- Ancient Civ Wallpaper 1100
European Accounts
Wed. 10/13
Thurs. 10/14
American Accounts
Wed. 10/13
Thurs. 10/14
Latest topics
» Winterfest Is Coming!
How are you Feeling? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:13 pm by helpingfriend

» Golen Suite Theme To Be Available at the eStore
How are you Feeling? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 5:46 am by h4ck3r

» no!!! why why why
How are you Feeling? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 7:55 pm by Guest

» Favorite Webkinz Recipe
How are you Feeling? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:56 pm by GabyBailey

» February Pet Plush Images Revealed!
How are you Feeling? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 1:06 am by Lettykinz

» How many Webkinz do you have?
How are you Feeling? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 1:29 pm by SoccerQueen

» New Year's Contest!
How are you Feeling? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 6:14 pm by colleenlove14

» Greetings!
How are you Feeling? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:48 am by Curious

» 12 Days of Christmas with Ms. Birdy!
How are you Feeling? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 4:23 am by webkinzfan

Views
free counters

Share | 

How are you Feeling?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KImember
KImember
Founder
Founder
Male Leo
WWID Cliftonveiws
Call Me Matt
KI Founder

How are you Feeling? 38954771
GO CANADA!

How are you Feeling? Vide
PostSubject: How are you Feeling?   How are you Feeling? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 12:05 pm

I got my vaccine for H1N1 yesterday and I have been in bed since. I feel terrible. I think I had it about a month back but I still got the vaccine. I made it down to my computer but it was hard, I am so weak. I was wondering how H1N1, or the vaccine, affected you.
Back to top Go down
Jerkinz
Jerkinz
Islander
Islander
Male Capricorn
WWID jercan27
Solved Ghoulosh and Nebulumyum
How are you Feeling? ReporterRankBar
KinzIsland Reporter

PostSubject: Re: How are you Feeling?   How are you Feeling? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 12:18 pm

Hope you feel better!

So far no [-]Swine Flu[/-], err H1N1 here. We don't plan on the vaccine either. IMO it was rushed out to quickly and not tessted enough. Hopefully it doesn't cause an I am Legend series of events. Anyone seen that movie before? Cancer vaccine is rushed out, everyone turns into zombies....
Back to top Go down
webkinzava
webkinzava
Webkinz
Webkinz
Female Aquarius
WWID DAKOTA2400

PostSubject: Re: How are you Feeling?   How are you Feeling? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 10:50 pm

I know how you feel same with me!I got the vaccine for the H1N1 virus too!
but I am very strong so I was only feeling sick for about a day.
Oh I did not like that movie I do like zombie movies but I didn't like it. But I have seen zombie land it has a lot of
dirty parts in it.A virus got carried a round and the whole world was
zombiefied!Did you know that could really happen!In real life!
Back to top Go down
http://www.webkinz.com
Lettykinz
Lettykinz
Administrator
Administrator
Female Sagittarius
WWID Letty57
KinzIsland Administrator

PostSubject: Re: How are you Feeling?   How are you Feeling? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 12:03 am

I've decided to not get the vaccine - I'm sorry to hear you're sick, Matt. I've been fighting a killer cold the last few days but am much better today.
Back to top Go down
KImember
KImember
Founder
Founder
Male Leo
WWID Cliftonveiws
Call Me Matt
KI Founder

How are you Feeling? 38954771
GO CANADA!

PostSubject: Re: How are you Feeling?   How are you Feeling? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 9:33 am

I am all better now, I was only really sick for a day or too.
Back to top Go down
lilkinzgrandma
lilkinzgrandma
Administrator
Administrator
Female Aries
WWID waldo08
KinzIsland Administrator

PostSubject: Re: How are you Feeling?   How are you Feeling? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 9:40 am

No vaccine for us here! I am a strong believer in zinc, vitamin C, and eachinacea as a defense. Many years teaching has built up my immunities as well. Hopefully we'll make through without getting sick! I'm sorry you didn't feel well, Matt, but glad you are better!
Back to top Go down
GrannyJeff
GrannyJeff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female Gemini
WWID GrannyJeff, GrannyJeff2, GranJeff
KinzIsland Moderator

How are you Feeling? Petblink75

PostSubject: Re: How are you Feeling?   How are you Feeling? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 11:42 am

Seeing that I work in a hospital it is mandatory to get the vaccines. If not, you have to wear a mask the entire time you are at work. My badge has a sticker on it that ahs a green V letting everyone know I have been vaccinated. I have had both shots and had no problems at all. Matter of fact, the H1N1 didn't make my arm sore at all. Some think that if you are about to come down with something anyway and you get the vaccine it makes you get sicker all the more. No scientific evidence on that just theory! They are not live vaccines. Only the nasal spray is. A co-worker's mom is going through chemo and her doctor told them that if they or their son got the nasal spray they would have to move out of the house for a week so as not to infect her mom. When you take the nasal vaccine you shed the virus for a week.

For now they are not allowing anyone under age 18 to visit on our floor. I think it is also the entire hospital as well.
Back to top Go down
GrannyJeff
GrannyJeff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female Gemini
KinzIsland Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How are you Feeling?   How are you Feeling? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 11:27 pm

Jerkinz wrote:
Hope you feel better!

So far no [-]Swine Flu[/-], err H1N1 here. We don't plan on the vaccine either. IMO it was rushed out to quickly and not tessted enough. Hopefully it doesn't cause an I am Legend series of events. Anyone seen that movie before? Cancer vaccine is rushed out, everyone turns into zombies....

No I didn't see it because I can't handle animals (esp. dogs) dying. I did see the version with Charlton Heston called The Omega Man. The other night, on TV we saw the original "I Am Legend" It was in black and white and Vincent Price starred. It was called The Last Man on Earth. All three movies are based on the book "I Am Legend'. Apparently it has been around for decades.
Back to top Go down
Lettykinz
Lettykinz
Administrator
Administrator
Female Sagittarius
WWID Letty57
KinzIsland Administrator

PostSubject: Re: How are you Feeling?   How are you Feeling? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 11:47 pm

GrannyJeff wrote:
Seeing that I work in a hospital it is mandatory to get the vaccines. If not, you have to wear a mask the entire time you are at work. My badge has a sticker on it that ahs a green V letting everyone know I have been vaccinated. I have had both shots and had no problems at all. Matter of fact, the H1N1 didn't make my arm sore at all. Some think that if you are about to come down with something anyway and you get the vaccine it makes you get sicker all the more. No scientific evidence on that just theory! They are not live vaccines. Only the nasal spray is. A co-worker's mom is going through chemo and her doctor told them that if they or their son got the nasal spray they would have to move out of the house for a week so as not to infect her mom. When you take the nasal vaccine you shed the virus for a week.

For now they are not allowing anyone under age 18 to visit on our floor. I think it is also the entire hospital as well.

Thanks for the info - when they talk about the vaccine and/or nasal spray that info isn't shared!
Back to top Go down
GrannyJeff
GrannyJeff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female Gemini
KinzIsland Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How are you Feeling?   How are you Feeling? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 7:28 pm

Keeping in the spirit of this thread.....(sort of) Cornbread the puppy has meningitis! He is pitiful. Fever, sore stiff neck and just full of pain. I took him in Monday before going to work and he was put on rimidyl, amoxicillin, and reglan (for his tummy). Yesterday he was no better. we have had to raise the water bowl and his food bowl because he can't bend his neck down. I got him this morning when I got off work and we went back. This time they did x-rays and blood work. His wbc is up and you could see an area in his spinal cord where his vertebrae were swollen. (fever gone) There was no space between them and when the vet ran his fingers over his back, it was that spot that Cornbread's skin crawled in pain. He is on cipro as well as the Amoxil and now prednisone and something for pain. No rimidyl. When we woke from my nap this afternoon, he was so much better. I even had to yell at him for picking at Annie!!! He has bouts of being himself but then sleeps. I am glad he is going to be alright.
Back to top Go down
Jerkinz
Jerkinz
Islander
Islander
Male Capricorn
WWID jercan27
Solved Ghoulosh and Nebulumyum
How are you Feeling? ReporterRankBar
KinzIsland Reporter

PostSubject: Re: How are you Feeling?   How are you Feeling? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 7:29 pm

Oh poor guy, I hope he feels better!
Back to top Go down
Lettykinz
Lettykinz
Administrator
Administrator
Female Sagittarius
WWID Letty57
KinzIsland Administrator

PostSubject: Re: How are you Feeling?   How are you Feeling? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 2:56 pm

GrannyJeff wrote:
Keeping in the spirit of this thread.....(sort of) Cornbread the puppy has meningitis! He is pitiful. Fever, sore stiff neck and just full of pain. I took him in Monday before going to work and he was put on rimidyl, amoxicillin, and reglan (for his tummy). Yesterday he was no better. we have had to raise the water bowl and his food bowl because he can't bend his neck down. I got him this morning when I got off work and we went back. This time they did x-rays and blood work. His wbc is up and you could see an area in his spinal cord where his vertebrae were swollen. (fever gone) There was no space between them and when the vet ran his fingers over his back, it was that spot that Cornbread's skin crawled in pain. He is on cipro as well as the Amoxil and now prednisone and something for pain. No rimidyl. When we woke from my nap this afternoon, he was so much better. I even had to yell at him for picking at Annie!!! He has bouts of being himself but then sleeps. I am glad he is going to be alright.

That's wonderful news! My dogs are family to me, and I know I'd be a mess in your situation. So glad Cornbread will be okay!
Back to top Go down
GrannyJeff
GrannyJeff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female Gemini
KinzIsland Moderator

PostSubject: Re: How are you Feeling?   How are you Feeling? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 3:17 am

He is himself when on the pain medication. He was rather puny this morning but then perked up. Just before I run out of medication I will set up an appointment for an evaluation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How are you Feeling?   How are you Feeling? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How are you Feeling?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KinzIsland :: The Social Island :: Open Mike-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com