KinzIsland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFront PageLatest imagesGallerySearchThe KI TeamRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Speckles Info

Breaking Newz RSS Feed
Click to Subscribe to KI's Breaking Newz RSS Feed
Navigation
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Today’s Rares
Asian Accounts
Wed. 10/13
9am- Terra Cotta Chair 2900 Deluxe Only AND 3pm- Imperial Dining Table 6250
Thurs. 10/14
12pm- Bejeweled Coffee Table 32 Deluxe Only AND 1pm- Ancient Civ Wallpaper 1100
European Accounts
Wed. 10/13
Thurs. 10/14
American Accounts
Wed. 10/13
Thurs. 10/14
Latest topics
» Winterfest Is Coming!
The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:13 pm by helpingfriend

» Golen Suite Theme To Be Available at the eStore
The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 5:46 am by h4ck3r

» no!!! why why why
The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 7:55 pm by Guest

» Favorite Webkinz Recipe
The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:56 pm by GabyBailey

» February Pet Plush Images Revealed!
The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 1:06 am by Lettykinz

» How many Webkinz do you have?
The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 1:29 pm by SoccerQueen

» New Year's Contest!
The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 6:14 pm by colleenlove14

» Greetings!
The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:48 am by Curious

» 12 Days of Christmas with Ms. Birdy!
The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 4:23 am by webkinzfan

Views
free counters

Share | 

The e-store rant thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jerkinz
Jerkinz
Islander
Islander
Male Capricorn
WWID jercan27
Solved Ghoulosh and Nebulumyum
The e-store rant thread ReporterRankBar
KinzIsland Reporter

The e-store rant thread Vide
PostSubject: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 7:01 pm

The title says it all this is the e-store rant thread. Here you can come talk about the e-store items and how ridiculously priced they're items are. So what are you waiting for? Go vent your feelings.
Back to top Go down
bigtiger132
bigtiger132
Webkinz
Webkinz
Male WWID Bigtiger132

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:54 pm

People say that the E-store is better now that you use points to buying insted of money!

BUT how do you get the points? Buy them right! SO that means YOU still have to use real money to get the poitns! my point is that it's still the same befor you had to buy the stuff with money but now you have to buy the points to buy the stuff! !
Back to top Go down
Lettykinz
Lettykinz
Administrator
Administrator
Female Sagittarius
WWID Letty57
KinzIsland Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 12:20 am

bigtiger132 wrote:
People say that the E-store is better now that you use points to buying insted of money!

BUT how do you get the points? Buy them right! SO that means YOU still have to use real money to get the poitns! my point is that it's still the same befor you had to buy the stuff with money but now you have to buy the points to buy the stuff! !

You may be talking about me, so let me clear up what I said. The "old" eStore would show items and you would have to buy them with a credit card/debit card right then for the specified amount. Now that they have a point system (I realize you still buy the points), a parent, teacher, etc. could use the eStore as incentive. Example: If I needed extra help around the house, I could say I would award you with a certain amount of points for each job you helped me with. The points could be saved up for whatever you wanted. With the point system you can go to the eStore whenever you want and spend your points - you don't need a parent to sign in and buy something for you right then.

Buying points, in my opinion, is no different than buying trading cards for the trading card prizes except that you know what you're spending your money on with the eStore. My only gripe about the eStore is that once you load it into an account you're stuck with it. I think it would be nice to be able to sell it back to the eStore or at least trash something if it turns out to be something you really don't like.

Some people like the virtual pet but don't want a bunch of stuffed animals around so getting pets from the eStore works for them. Everything in Webkinz World is virtual anyway.
Back to top Go down
bigtiger132
bigtiger132
Webkinz
Webkinz
Male WWID Bigtiger132

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 4:56 pm

Lettykinz wrote:
bigtiger132 wrote:

You may be talking about me, so let me clear up what I said. The "old" eStore would show items and you would have to buy them with a credit card/debit card right then for the specified amount. Now that they have a point system (I realize you still buy the points), a parent, teacher, etc. could use the eStore as incentive. Example: If I needed extra help around the house, I could say I would award you with a certain amount of points for each job you helped me with. The points could be saved up for whatever you wanted. With the point system you can go to the eStore whenever you want and spend your points - you don't need a parent to sign in and buy something for you right then.

Buying points, in my opinion, is no different than buying trading cards for the trading card prizes except that you know what you're spending your money on with the eStore. My only gripe about the eStore is that once you load it into an account you're stuck with it. I think it would be nice to be able to sell it back to the eStore or at least trash something if it turns out to be something you really don't like.

Some people like the virtual pet but don't want a bunch of stuffed animals around so getting pets from the eStore works for them. Everything in Webkinz World is virtual anyway.

Well it's the same as the OLD E-store! but more work to get the points! The old one all you had to do was pay but now you have to buy them and use your point! it's like the E-store hasn't change!
Back to top Go down
Cinderbella24
Cinderbella24
Webkinz
Webkinz
Female Libra
WWID PlutoAshley

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 7:08 pm

It's funny - I actually liked the old eStore system better than the new one. I liked just buying whatever items I wanted without having to worry about buying points. Now I always have points left over that aren't enough to buy anything so I have to buy more points. Annoying.

On the positive side, I'm a deluxe member so it's nice to have points given to me every month. It isn't that much, but my family has been using them to buy charms.
Back to top Go down
GrannyJeff
GrannyJeff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female Gemini
WWID GrannyJeff, GrannyJeff2, GranJeff
KinzIsland Moderator

The e-store rant thread Petblink75

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 9:23 am

Well it's the same as the OLD E-store! but more work to get the points! The old one all you had to do was pay but now you have to buy them and use your point! it's like the E-store hasn't change!

The E-store has changed. If a 10 year old wanted something from the E-store they ahd to ask permission from their parent because they can't whip out the old Visa, MC etc. Now a parent or grandparent can make an account for a child and the child can go get whatever they want/have enough points for with out worrying about not having a charge card. This way as an adult, you can set up an account much like a savings account for a child and they can learn the value of money through this point system. And as Letty said, It can be another means of an allowance/reward type system.

I like the E-store and find their prices just fine. I have the choice (as we all do) to either pay for gas and go to a store and pay anywhere from $11.99 for a lilkinz up to $19 for a regular Webkinz or pay $12.50 for a virtual pet that doesn't clutter my house. It gives me my Webbie fix and I am happy. Right now in our garage, is a trash bag full of Webbies waiting for love. In my granddaughters' room is a basket full that they play with. The local 'Safe Shelter' didn't need them so we have now decided to call a nursing home nearby and see if they have any lonely elderly who could use one.

Yes I know there are sales at just about any given time in stores, but you don't always make it to them. The e-store is convienent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 11:05 am

One thing is that our parents don't want us to use their Emails to buy stuff, but that's the only way to get the code I think. It's still pretty complicated.
Back to top Go down
GrannyJeff
GrannyJeff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female Gemini
KinzIsland Moderator

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 4:53 pm

When your parent 'buys' points, they can create an account with your email. That is all that counts. I did the family Deluxe and included my granddaughter's account. When my daughter wants to get something for her, she logs in as me and uses her credit card to buy points. So all you have to do is create an estore account and your parent can log in and add points for you . After buying an item, you can click on print codes and actually see the code right then and there. I just jot it down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 4:57 pm

Yeah, I know all about that, but my parents don't want us to use their email.
Back to top Go down
bigtiger132
bigtiger132
Webkinz
Webkinz
Male WWID Bigtiger132

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 4:59 pm

I just don't get the point of why ganz change the E-store! I mean it's pointless!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 5:01 pm

No it isn't POINTLESS. They want to make a tidbit easier. It's pretty great, but let's be grateful for what we CAN get and what we ALREADY have. Smile
Back to top Go down
GrannyJeff
GrannyJeff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Female Gemini
KinzIsland Moderator

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 8:43 am

PSIhunter wrote:
Yeah, I know all about that, but my parents don't want us to use their email.

You can get your own email free from Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail and I am sure many other places. Let your parent see what you are doing etc. so there is no question about a thing. then go to the e-store and create an account. The log in would be the email you and your parent created for you and then whatever passowrd you want.
Password: fiddlesticks

Since these email accounts are web based there is no threat to your home computer for viruses etc. The email is coming in on Yahoo (etc.) and not onto your computer through OE or Microsoft Outlook. This would be an account your parent has full entry into (including your email) and then by agreement you can earn points that are bought by your parent with their credit card but put on your WW E-store account. You can do chores, make good grades, whatever is agreed upon. If you already receive an allowance, you may ask about them paying you half of it in E-store points instead of cash. If you baby sit or have some little job, you can give them some money and ask them to buy you
points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 10:00 am

That's a GREAT idea except. . . . I'm not allowed to get an email. So. . . .?
Back to top Go down
Cocoa
Cocoa
Webkinz
Webkinz
Female WWID Luvcocoaxo3

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 2:42 pm

bigtiger132 wrote:
I just don't get the point of why ganz change the E-store! I mean it's pointless!
I'm guessing it has to do with what Cinderbella said. With the points, you are locked in. They have certain intervals you can buy them in and 'coincidently' there are few if any, item prices that the inervals are divisible by. When you have a certain amount of points, but too few to purchase anything, you're just going to keep buying more because it's a waste to not be able to use the few you have. With the old system you would never have this happen, because $ wasn't loaded on beforehand. All this being said, I have an estore account but have never purchased a single thing. My mom does not agree with it, and frankly I don't think I do either, although I love ALL of the items. I get my codes in trades, and plan on trading for points if I want them. It's not like this is a completely horrible thing for WW to do, because there are so many other virtual sites that have done things like this before them. People like to pick on Ganz. Even though I myself don't want to spend money, I'm not that type that won't support them by trading for some, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 9:41 pm

I really don't think it's such a big deal anymore. I learned to be grateful. Smile
The e-store does have cool stuff though. Maybe someday I can get some stuff. Wink
Back to top Go down
bigtiger132
bigtiger132
Webkinz
Webkinz
Male WWID Bigtiger132

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 9:48 pm

PSIhunter wrote:
I really don't think it's such a big deal anymore. I learned to be grateful. Smile
The e-store does have cool stuff though. Maybe someday I can get some stuff. Wink

Yeah maybe your right I should be grateful. after all some people might like the NEW e-shore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:22 pm

? Ok. . . Actually, the e-store itself isn't new, just the system to work it. Pretty much the same, but easier to get stuff. Wink
Back to top Go down
bigtiger132
bigtiger132
Webkinz
Webkinz
Male WWID Bigtiger132

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:29 pm

Well it might be easier to get stuff but harder to buy it. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:30 pm

It's easier for both. The only problem is. . . we just need an email. LOL Wink
Back to top Go down
bigtiger132
bigtiger132
Webkinz
Webkinz
Male WWID Bigtiger132

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:33 pm

Yes we do. but still I don't think the E-store is better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:36 pm

Ok. . . My point is, it's easier for others. Maybe not us though. But your opinion is your opinion. I won't argue. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lettykinz
Lettykinz
Administrator
Administrator
Female Sagittarius
WWID Letty57
KinzIsland Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:59 pm

PSIhunter wrote:
Ok. . . My point is, it's easier for others. Maybe not us though. But your opinion is your opinion. I won't argue. Wink

I agree that as adults it is much easier for us. That's why we mentioned that maybe your parents wouldn't be so against the eStore now if they knew it could be used as rewards/incentive. We weren't trying to upset anyone either. Sorry if we did.
Back to top Go down
bigtiger132
bigtiger132
Webkinz
Webkinz
Male WWID Bigtiger132

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:23 pm

I"m just saying that it has like no point. Get it? No point. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:34 pm

Very funny! I don't get it though. LOL There is a point but I won't argue, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ClaraZ25
ClaraZ25
Founder
Founder
Male Cancer
WWID ClaraZ25
Solved Maizealoop and Yummytummy Tumbler

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 6:40 am

Everyone this thread has been closed. If have decided to do this because although it has all been constructive debating at this point I would hate to see it turn into an argument.

Here is my Opinion on the eStore from the point of view of someone who does not buy from it:

The eStore is a wonderful idea for those who want to use it. It makes it a lot easier for them to buy Webkinz Pet and Accessories. It serves as an online webkinz retailer for some. But for those who do not use the eStore it is not a complete loss. There are many other great items and pets that you can get outside of the eStore. Just take a look around. Often all the attention is drawn to the eStore Items and Pets eventhough many reglar items and pets are just as spectacular. So for those of you who enjoy the eStore Have Fun and continue to enjoy it. For Those of you who do not realize their are other ways to get great items and pets and sometimes you just have to put up with a decision made by Ganz.

-Yours, ClaraZ25
Back to top Go down
http://www.kinzisland.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The e-store rant thread   The e-store rant thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The e-store rant thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KinzIsland :: Webkinz Pets & Accessories :: eStore Pets and Items-
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com