KinzIsland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFront PageLatest imagesGallerySearchThe KI TeamRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Speckles Info

Breaking Newz RSS Feed
Click to Subscribe to KI's Breaking Newz RSS Feed
Navigation
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Today’s Rares
Asian Accounts
Wed. 10/13
9am- Terra Cotta Chair 2900 Deluxe Only AND 3pm- Imperial Dining Table 6250
Thurs. 10/14
12pm- Bejeweled Coffee Table 32 Deluxe Only AND 1pm- Ancient Civ Wallpaper 1100
European Accounts
Wed. 10/13
Thurs. 10/14
American Accounts
Wed. 10/13
Thurs. 10/14
Latest topics
» Winterfest Is Coming!
KI News: Explanation of the New Additions Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:13 pm by helpingfriend

» Golen Suite Theme To Be Available at the eStore
KI News: Explanation of the New Additions Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 5:46 am by h4ck3r

» no!!! why why why
KI News: Explanation of the New Additions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 7:55 pm by Guest

» Favorite Webkinz Recipe
KI News: Explanation of the New Additions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:56 pm by GabyBailey

» February Pet Plush Images Revealed!
KI News: Explanation of the New Additions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 1:06 am by Lettykinz

» How many Webkinz do you have?
KI News: Explanation of the New Additions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 1:29 pm by SoccerQueen

» New Year's Contest!
KI News: Explanation of the New Additions Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 6:14 pm by colleenlove14

» Greetings!
KI News: Explanation of the New Additions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:48 am by Curious

» 12 Days of Christmas with Ms. Birdy!
KI News: Explanation of the New Additions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 4:23 am by webkinzfan

Views
free counters

Share | 

KI News: Explanation of the New Additions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ClaraZ25
Founder
Founder
ClaraZ25

Male Cancer
WWID ClaraZ25
Solved Maizealoop and Yummytummy Tumbler

KI News: Explanation of the New Additions Vide
PostKI News: Explanation of the New Additions

As you may have noticed there have been a few updates to KI in the last day or two. I have figured out how all the new additions work and have implemented most of them. I would like to give a quick overview of what was added and how you can use these new features. There are quite a few different sections to this overview each new part will be marked with this smilie: Arrow

Arrow First to reduce spam posts a new security feature was added to the site. You will now have to wait 30 seconds between posting messages on the same thread. Please Note: Mods and Admins you are exempted from this feature.

Arrow Also to make it easier to quote posts their now is a Multi-Quote Feature on the site. To use multi-quote just press the multi-quote button on every post in the same thread to reply with all the quotes in one message. The multi-quote button looks like this:
KI News: Explanation of the New Additions Multi-14
When you press the button it will turn yellow like this:
KI News: Explanation of the New Additions 99367858

So if you want to quote message 6, 18, and 23 in the same reply just click the blue multi-quote button on those 3 posts and then press the KI News: Explanation of the New Additions I_reply button and continue typing your message. When you press the post reply button it should look something like this:
KI News: Explanation of the New Additions Tutori10
Some things to remember. If you click the multi-quote button on a post and you don't want to quote it just press it again and it will turn back to blue. If the thread has multiple pages and you want to quote a post from page 1 and page 6 you can. The multi-quote button does not deactivate when browsing between pages on the same thread but it will deactivate when you switch to another thread.

Arrow Next You may from time to time see a new scrolling announcement up at the very top of the forum. These will usually be very important so make sure to take time and read them. You never know what they might say.

Arrow There was also the addition of a reputation and points system. At this point I am not sure if I plan on using both, one or none. I hope when the glitches in these systems are resolved I can make a decision. The reputation system is like a poll on every reply you can press the + mark if it is a good reply or the - mark if it is a bad reply. This + and - is displayed to the right of all replies right under the report button.
KI News: Explanation of the New Additions Tutori11
When you press the + symbol it will make a green bar appear and when you press the - symbol it will make a red bar appear.
KI News: Explanation of the New Additions Tutori12
Please Note that I have been informed that this does not work on IE. I only have Firefox on my computer so I am unable to confirm this but if it is not appearing for you it may be a browser issue. Now that forumotion.com is working to fix it.

Finally I would like everyone to please think about other member's feelings before posting a red bar on a post. Would you like someone to do this to you? Always remember if a post is inappropriate or rude you can always press the report button KI News: Explanation of the New Additions Icon_post_reportAlso just so you know I am not a big fan of the reputation system so if I see a lot of red bars for no reason it may disappear.

Another part of the reputation system is a Best Reply button for threads that you create. If you ask a question and someone gives a spectacular answer you can press the KI News: Explanation of the New Additions Best_r10 Button and it will turn the post from grey to green so that everyone can read the wonderful answer. Please note that you can only spotlight one post per thread so if multiple members gave you wonderful responses you might decide not to use the spotlight feature.

Finally there is a points system. I like this system a lot but unfortunately it is not working correctly just yet. How it will work is whenever you contribute to the site you will earn points. Eventually your point score will be displayed underneath your avatar for other members to see how much you have contributed. Also I hope that this does not turn into a popularity contest, and remember i can remove it. I will explain it in more detail when the bugs are fixed.

Arrow The only other thing to go over is visitor messages. Many of you may be famillar with these from other sites so i am not going to go into them in a lot of detail but essentially it is like have a thread on your profile. Members can leave you messages and you can have conversations there. To post a visitor message for someone just press the KI News: Explanation of the New Additions Post_en button and type away. Also just so you know the New PM button and the new post button are the very same. If you see the button in someone's profile it is their to leave them a visitor message. If you see it in your PM box it is to send a new PM. For some reason both images are classified as the same image in the admin panel. I am unable to change them at this point.

I hope you all enjoy the new features and if you have any questions post them here.

Last edited by ClaraZ25 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.kinzisland.com
Share this post on: reddit

KI News: Explanation of the New Additions :: Comments

GrannyJeff
Re: KI News: Explanation of the New Additions
Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:02 pm by GrannyJeff
I think the double quote is great. Thanks for letting us know how to work all the new features.
Lettykinz
Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:58 pm by Lettykinz
Thank you, Pat!
webkinzalldaylong
Post Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:47 am by webkinzalldaylong
ClaraZ25 wrote:
As you may have noticed there have been a few updates to KI in the last day or two. I have figured out how all the new additions work and have implemented most of them. I would like to give a quick overview of what was added and how you can use these new features. There are quite a few different sections to this overview each new part will be marked with this smilie: Arrow

Arrow First to reduce spam posts a new security feature was added to the site. You will now have to wait 30 seconds between posting messages on the same thread. Please Note: Mods and Admins you are exempted from this feature.

Arrow Also to make it easier to quote posts their now is a Multi-Quote Feature on the site. To use multi-quote just press the multi-quote button on every post in the same thread to reply with all the quotes in one message. The multi-quote button looks like this:
KI News: Explanation of the New Additions Multi-14
When you press the button it will turn yellow like this:
KI News: Explanation of the New Additions 99367858

So if you want to quote message 6, 18, and 23 in the same reply just click the blue multi-quote button on those 3 posts and then press the KI News: Explanation of the New Additions I_reply button and continue typing your message. When you press the post reply button it should look something like this:
KI News: Explanation of the New Additions Tutori10
Some things to remember. If you click the multi-quote button on a post and you don't want to quote it just press it again and it will turn back to blue. If the thread has multiple pages and you want to quote a post from page 1 and page 6 you can. The multi-quote button does not deactivate when browsing between pages on the same thread but it will deactivate when you switch to another thread.

Arrow Next You may from time to time see a new scrolling announcement up at the very top of the forum. These will usually be very important so make sure to take time and read them. You never know what they might say.

Arrow There was also the addition of a reputation and points system. At this point I am not sure if I plan on using both, one or none. I hope when the glitches in these systems are resolved I can make a decision. The reputation system is like a poll on every reply you can press the + mark if it is a good reply or the - mark if it is a bad reply. This + and - is displayed to the right of all replies right under the report button.
KI News: Explanation of the New Additions Tutori11
When you press the + symbol it will make a green bar appear and when you press the - symbol it will make a red bar appear.
KI News: Explanation of the New Additions Tutori12
Please Note that I have been informed that this does not work on IE. I only have Firefox on my computer so I am unable to confirm this but if it is not appearing for you it may be a browser issue. Now that forumotion.com is working to fix it.

Finally I would like everyone to please think about other member's feelings before posting a red bar on a post. Would you like someone to do this to you? Always remember if a post is inappropriate or rude you can always press the report button KI News: Explanation of the New Additions Icon_post_reportAlso just so you know I am not a big fan of the reputation system so if I see a lot of red bars for no reason it may disappear.

Another part of the reputation system is a Best Reply button for threads that you create. If you ask a question and someone gives a spectacular answer you can press the KI News: Explanation of the New Additions Best_r10 Button and it will turn the post from grey to green so that everyone can read the wonderful answer. Please note that you can only spotlight one post per thread so if multiple members gave you wonderful responses you might decide not to use the spotlight feature.

Finally there is a points system. I like this system a lot but unfortunately it is not working correctly just yet. How it will work is whenever you contribute to the site you will earn points. Eventually your point score will be displayed underneath your avatar for other members to see how much you have contributed. Also I hope that this does not turn into a popularity contest, and remember i can remove it. I will explain it in more detail when the bugs are fixed.

Arrow The only other thing to go over is visitor messages. Many of you may be famillar with these from other sites so i am not going to go into them in a lot of detail but essentially it is like have a thread on your profile. Members can leave you messages and you can have conversations there. To post a visitor message for someone just press the KI News: Explanation of the New Additions Post_en button and type away. Also just so you know the New PM button and the new post button are the very same. If you see the button in someone's profile it is their to leave them a visitor message. If you see it in your PM box it is to send a new PM. For some reason both images are classified as the same image in the admin panel. I am unable to change them at this point.

I hope you all enjoy the new features and if you have any questions post them here.

GrannyJeff wrote:
I think the double quote is great. Thanks for letting us know how to work all the new features.

Lettykinz wrote:
Thank you, Pat!

Thanks, all of you! I love KI and I just tried the multi-quote thing right just now!

KI News: Explanation of the New Additions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KinzIsland :: The Island :: Breaking Newz-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com